Discover Spanish cheese! Jose-Luis Martin, affineur, retailer, and organizer of GourmetQuesos, the Spanish cheese competition, will introduce us to Spanish cheeses in all their glory. We will attend the final of the GourmetQuesos and the Salon des Gourmets (the Spanish Food Show), tour mercados and cheese boutiques around Madrid, dicover tapas, local beers, and Spanish ciders, and visit Spanish cheesemakers.
This program will involve a great deal of walking. Professionals only.
- Four days guided visits and discussions (32+ hours)
- Class size limited to 6; minimum 4 enrollments required for course to be held
- Day at Salon des Gourmets including GourmetQuesos competition final
- Visits to Spanish cheesemakers
- Tuition, including lodging (double occupancy) & most meals: $2800
- Qava: Exclusively dedicated to Spanish cheeses
- Queseria Cultivo
- Poncelet: store and restaurant
- Queseria de Amelie: store and restaurant
- Quesos la Cabezuela (in Mercado Vallerhermoso)
- Bon Fromage
- Casa Hortensia (Basque cider)
- Bee Bar (local beer & cheese)
- Attend Salon des Gourmets and GourmetQuesos final
- Private tasting and overview of Spanish cheeses with Jose-Luis Martin
- Tapas walk
- Visits to Spanish cheesemakers*
*visits subject to change; any replacements will be of equal quality and interest.