A combination of discussions, lectures, tastings and visits – all with the expert guidance of Academie Director Sue Sturman as you discover the hip New York cheese scene and spend a day at one of the largest food events on the calendar, the Fancy Food Show. Carlos Yescas, Director of the Oldways Cheese Coalition will join us for a discussion of worldwide efforts in support of raw milk cheese.
This program will involve a great deal of walking. Professionals only.
- Four days guided visits and discussions (32+ hours)
- Class size limited to 6; minimum 4 enrollments required for course to be held
- Day at the Fancy Food Show, NYC
- Attendance at the Cheesemonger Invitational
- Tuition, including lodging (double occupancy) & most meals: $3000
- Eataly NY
- Beecher’s Cheese (urban creamery)
- Saxelby Cheese at Chelsea Market
- Murray’s Cheese
- Crown Finish Caves
- ..and others
- Opening day at the NY Fancy Food Show
- Visit to Murray’s Caves
- Class on the PDO system
- New World Affinage
- The new generation of American cheesemongers
- To AOP or Not to AOP: what works in the American context
- Approaches to case setting
- The 24/7 dilemma in retail
*visits subject to change; any replacements will be of equal quality and interest.